My family and I recently needed to go out of town for one night and left our pets at home. When we returned the next day, we saw that our younger dog had been sick and threw up all over the house.
I spent days beating myself up for leaving him alone, for not knowing what had made him sick, and for not having a way to check in on our pets.
Pet monitor cameras have taken the pet product world by storm for a good reason. The purchase of a dog monitoring camera will allow you to check in on your pets periodically so that you can have peace of mind knowing they are safe.
Google Nest Cam Indoor Wired Home Security Camera
Best Dog Monitor Camera in Our Rating
- High quality shooting
- Great night vision camera
- Reliable protection of your data
- The ability to connect to the camera via Wi-Fi at any time
Selecting the Best Dog Monitor Cameras in May, 2023
Nest Security Camera
2.9 x 4.5 x 2.9 inches
|Smart Pet Camera|
3.2 x 3.2 x 3.2 inches
PetChatz HD Two-Way
14.6 x 5.8 x 9.5 inches
|Petcube Bites Pet Camera|
7.2 x 3 x 12.9 inches
|Furbo Dog Camera|
5.9 x 4.7 x 8.9 inches
|Pawbo Life Pet Camera|
4.4 x 4.4 x 7.9 inches
|Petzi Treat Cam|
13.3 x 7.3 x 4.5 inches
|SKYMEE Dog Camera|
5.6 x 5.6 x 9.4 inches
|Bioxo 1080P HD|
3.5 x 3.9 x 5.1 inches
|TOOGE Pet Camera|
3.2 x 3.2 x 3.2 inches
1. Nest Security Camera : Best All Around Dog Monitor Camera System
The Nest Security Camera is a perfect solution for families that have or plan on getting an Amazon Alexa device such as an Echo or Echo Dot. The Nest system will alert you anytime that it detects motion or activity.
Our testing team loved how easy the Nest Security Camera System is to set up and use even for the less tech-savvy individuals among us.
The Nest Security Camera allows you to hear what is happening in your home as well as seeing it through the video feed. The Nest’s built-in speaker and mic will also let you talk to your furry friend to say hi or reminding them that they are a good boy.
- Extremely easy to set up and use even for tech challenged folks
- Works in tandem with other Nest products
- Terrific picture and sound quality
- Very versatile
- This was our hands-down favorite choice this week with no negative aspects to speak of unless you are not a fan of Amazon Alexa
2. Petcube Play Smart Pet Camera : Best for Kitty Cats and Hyper Dogs
The Petcube Play Smart Pet Camera was a hit among our testing team members that have playful cats or excitable pooches. This camera features a built-in play laser that can be controlled within the app or you can set the laser to auto mode to give your pets some exercise while you are out and about.
The system includes two-way audio, so you can talk to your pets and listen to them as well.
The Petcube Play Smart Pet Camera has a very clear picture thanks to its 1080p HD capabilities. The camera also has a wide angle 138-degree view and a close-up zooming feature.
- Built-in pet safe play laser
- Free cloud storage without a subscription
- 24/7 monitoring available with a paid subscription
- Includes two-way audio system and night vision for overnight trips
- The need for a subscription to monitor 24/7 may be a deal breaker for folks that do not want another monthly payment
3. PetChatz HD Two-Way Audio/Video System : Best Luxury-Priced Pet Camera System
The PetChatz HD Two-Way Audio/Video System is more than just a mere camera to spy on your pets with, it creates entertainment for them and peace of mind for you. This option includes two-way video chats with an extremely clear and reliable picture.
Our testing team was astounded by the PawCall feature that lets your pet call you when they miss you. One member with several Pomeranians mentioned that once they learned to call her, they would not stop.
The The PetChatz HD Two-Way Audio/Video System includes aromatherapy to calm the nerves of pets with separation anxiety, making it a smart choice for individuals that foster pets.
- Two-way HD calling so pets can also call their pet parents
- Dispenses treats and aromatherapy
- Entertains with DOFTV (subscription required)
- Durable and well-made
- You will need a subscription to DOGTV, and it only dispenses PetChatz branded treats
- Smart dogs may use the PawCall feature over and over which can get a tad annoying after a while
4. Petcube Bites Pet Camera : Best for Pets that Love to Snack
The Petcube Bites Pet Camera is a wonderful option for pet parents that like to surprise their furry kids with treats. The camera system dispenses treats that are crunchy and dry, so it works with a wide range of treats or dry food. The system can hold up to 2 pounds of treats at a time.
The Petcube Bites Pet Camera includes free cloud storage that lets you rewind and view the past four hours of video.
The system can connect to both Android and iOS operating systems and also works with Amazon Alexa.
- Holds and dispenses dry, crunchy treats and food
- 1080p HD camera
- Two-way video and audio
- Very easy to install and use
- To monitor continuously you will need to pay for a monthly subscription to their service
5. Furbo Dog Camera : Most Aesthetically Pleasing Pet Camera System
The Furbo Dog Camera understands that not all pet parents want to sacrifice style. This option is extremely attractive and blends into any home decor scheme.
Our testing team loved that the Furbo flings out treats through its iOS and Android-friendly app.
The Furbo Dog Camera features a full HD camera with night vision. The unit includes a barking sensor to let you see what your pups are barking at.
- Easy to install and use with a quick three-step setup
- Two-way chat
- More attractive than many other options and gives pets treats
- Moderate price point
- Recently began requiring a monthly paid subscription for premium features beyond live view feeds
6. Pawbo Life Pet Camera : Terrific Choice for Homes with Pets and Kids
The Pawbo Life Pet Camera is a wonderful and moderately priced option for homes that have both kids and pets. One member of our testing team used it to keep an eye on her teenagers as well as her Siberian Huskies.
She was able to make sure everyone was safe and loved the option to talk directly through the camera system to her pets and kids.
The Pawbo Life Pet Camera features a 720p HD live video. The camera has a four-times zooming feature and even allows you to share images and clips over social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Quick and easy set up
- Includes microphone, speaker, laser, and treat dispenser in just one device
- Connectable to up to eight other users for a puppypalooza party
- Wonderful 720p HD picture quality
- The Pawbo was one of our favorite options with no downsides
7. Petzi Treat Cam : Best for Individuals with a Limited Budget
The Petzi Treat Cam was originally produced and marketed thanks to crowdfunding which is usually an indication that a product is something special. Our testing team was thrilled with Petzi for not only its performance but for its inexpensive price tag as well.
The system works with both Android and iOS systems and is incredibly simple to set up and operate.
The Petzi Treat Cam allows you to talk to your pet and reassure them that you are still there, in electronic spirit at least.
- Wonderful price point
- Dispenses treats and monitors the number of treats left and can re-order using the Dash automated ordering system
- Two-way camera
- Easy to set up and use
- The audio feature works only one way so you will be able to talk to your pet, but you will not be able to listen to them
8. Skymee Dog Camera : Wonderful Option for Pets that Need Exercise
The Skymee Dog Camera includes a 1080p Full HD Camera with a 4x zoom, night vision, and a very clear picture. The system allows you to both talk to and listen to your faithful friends.
Our testing team loved receiving the motion alerts as it let us take a quick peek to make sure they were not getting into too much trouble.
The Skymee Dog Camera features a Happy Treat Dispenser Tool that tosses snacks out measuring up to 1 cm. This is a terrific way to help pets get a little exercise while also rewarding them.
- Runs on USB charging cables
- Fast and straightforward setup
- Terrific price point
- 1080p HD camera with zoom and night vision
- Dispenses small treats
- The Skymee Dog Camera was a hit with our testing team with no downsides to mention
9. Bioxo 1080P HD Pet Monitor Camera : Best for Pets that Enjoy Hiding
The Bioxo 1080P HD Pet Monitor Camera is a lovely solution to check in on pets that love to emulate Houdini by hiding. Unlike many other pet monitors, this option can reposition rapidly and also has panoramic viewing.
The picture is crystal clear with HD 1080p as well as two-megapixel image quality. Our testing team was able to move the camera to find their pets, and it was surprisingly easy to do.
The Bioxo 1080P HD Pet Monitor Camera will alert you to movement with its infrared motion detection. The camera will then send a real-time alert to your phone.
- Camera can move to find pets and also include panoramic view
- Very well made and durable
- Motion alert alarms for safety
- We wish it could dispense treats
10. TOOGE Pet Camera : Terrific Inexpensive Pet Camera
The TOOGE Pet Camera sets up in a flash and can be used with both Android and iOS operating systems. The camera has excellent picture quality during both daytime and night vision use.
Our testing team members loved that they could use this option to check on their furry friend or as a baby monitor as well.
The TOOGE Pet Camera detects motion and then sends a push alert to your phone. The camera can pan, tilt, and zoom to allow you an easier way to monitor the current situation at your home.
- Awesome price point
- Extremely versatile thanks to ability to tilt and move
- Durable and well made
- Charges during use
- It has a tendency to crack or break if dropped making it less durable than similar options
The Best Dog Monitor Camera – Buyer’s Guide
Finding the best dog monitor camera system for you and your pet’s needs can be a trying experience. There are hundreds of versions, each boasting new tech and features while claiming to be the best. With technology advancing so quickly, understanding what you truly need and what you don’t is frustrating, to say the least.
While testing and researching the top ten pet camera systems we learned a ton of new and helpful information. We want to pass that knowledge on to you, our loyal readers so you can arrive at an informed decision. Let’s get started!
Do I Really Need to Buy a Pet Monitor Camera System?
A camera monitoring system is a convenient addition to your current pet care tool arsenal. They can be pricey so understanding whether you really need one is important for any well educated and responsible buyer. Let’s explore a few pluses of owning a dog monitor camera.
Pets get lonely too. Your dog or cat likely misses you while you are at work, on vacation, or running errands. Pets facing separation anxiety can resort to a multitude of unsavory behavior to help themselves cope. They may bark, tear up plants or carpet, or even cry for you. A pet camera can help calm your pet and let them know you will be home soon.
Dogs can sometimes get into trouble. One of our testing team members purchased her pet camera after her Terrier got stuck under the bed. Their collar became hooked onto a piece of metal. Luckily the pup was fine, but it was a scary situation. A camera can allow you to see if there are any issues similar to this one in an easy and fast manner.
Pet camera monitor systems are very versatile in most cases. They can be used to check on children, as a baby monitor, or as another layer in your home protection or smart-home system.
Key Considerations When Purchasing a Pet Camera Monitor System
Let’s take a look at the most crucial consideration to contemplate when looking for a new dog camera monitor:
- Field of Vision: The angle or field of viewing refers to the area that the camera is able to see. This is what the camera will take shots or videos of that you can usually watch through the use of a downloadable app on your phone. The field of vision should include wherever your pets like to hang out, or you can use multiple cameras in multiple areas.
- Communication Methods: Some systems will allow you to both talk to and listen to your pet. Other versions may not have audio at all or may just allow you to talk to your pet.
- Snack Time: Dog camera monitors may be equipped with a treat dispenser. It allows you to deliver a treat just by pressing a button on your phone.
- Activity and Entertainment: Some of the pet camera systems include a laser feature to allow your pet to get some playtime and exercise while you are away. There are others that can broadcast shows from DOGTV to keep your fuzzy children entertained.
- Night Vision: If you will be using the camera while away in the evenings, night vision makes it easier to spot and observe your pet.
- Recording Capability: Pet parents like to take pics of their pets. Many Pet camera monitoring systems allow you to take pics or record video that can then be sent to fam or friends or uploaded to your favorite social media platform.
One of the best reasons to invest in a new Dog Camera Monitor System lies in the fact that they are so versatile. You can easily use the same camera to watch pets, babies, teenagers, provide home or business security, alert you to motion or intruders, and so much more. I’ve personally used my pet camera motion system to scare my kids by using the built-in microphone function. As you can see, the right pet camera monitor will add safety and fun to your normal everyday routine.
Finding the best dog camera monitor doesn’t need to be a headache. Keeping you and your pet’s needs, as well as your budget in mind, will make the process more straightforward. And don’t forget to select a model with night vision so that you can see your pets in any light.
We hope you enjoyed reading our top ten dog camera monitor reviews and that you learned something new with our buyer’s guide. Hearing back from our loyal readers is truly the cat’s meow. Drop us a quick line below with your favorite dog camera monitor systems and any tips or tricks to using them.
Petzi Treat Cam seems to be the best two-way camera for me because of its price and quality. It really helps me to monitor the dog and I’m happy about every time I use this camera.
Dog monitor cameras help me so much in looking after my dog, so I probably recommend you to buy one camera for you.
SKYMEE Dog Camera is a high-quality product. I’m happy with its design and features. With this monitor cameras, we’ve forgotten about a lot of problems that we had in the past. So, I recommend you to pay attention to it before spending money on another option.
My friends presented me with Petcube Bites Pet Camera, I didn’t choose the camera myself. So, I can say it’s a great option however I have nothing to compare it with.
I find a dog monitor camera really convenient when we left our pet alone at home for a few hours. I couldn’t imagine how one dog can destroy everything, and now it’s a secret for me what was the reason. So I hope to understand what scares my dog so much that he destroys everything.
I didn’t think dog monitor cameras such a great decision before I bought one to try. My camera is the cheapest on the market and doesn’t promise to work for a long. That’s why I started searching for a better option. Hope, I’ll succeed in it.
My friend recommended me PetChatz HD Two-Way a few times, and I gave up and bought this monitor camera. What can I say – it’s the best solution for those pet owners who leave the house for a long.
I liked Forbo very much. I think I’ll get one for my dog. Has anyone used it? How correctly does the bark sensor work?
I ordered The Pawbo Life Pet Camera, looking forward to delivery. And thanks for the idea of keeping an eye on teens with it))
The Nest Security The camera is a very useful thing not only for families with pets, but also with children. For example, I turn on the camera when I cook dinner in the kitchen, and my child plays or does homework in his room. I don’t need to run to him from the kitchen every minute, since I can control the process without leaving my stove
I have Pet Smart camera. It will send short videos each time it detects a significant sound or movement. When I’m away for a couple of days, I put it in the kitchen, with their food, litter tray and drinking fountain. brilliant!
Pet Smart Camera is really good. Setup is super-easy and I’m impressed by just how straightforward it is.
Setup of Smart Pet Camera is super-easy and I’m impressed by just how straightforward it is. Definitely a worthwhile purchase, and it’s made short trips away from home much more enjoyable since I can get my daily dose of cat antics.
The app that goes along side the Smart Pet Camera is easy to use and navigate around. I love the fact you can set up friends/family who can also access the camera.
I thoroughly enjoy this camera!! We’ve been using the SKYMEE Camera and treat dispenser for a few days now and it’s fantastic !!
My husband ordered SKYMEE for me as a gift for when I have to leave our baby girl at home as she really suffers from anxiety when I’m away from home for more than a second… And it was his best present!
Bioxo 1080P HD is very good! As far as picture quality it is very good even in low light. Color is better in good lighting conditions but even in black and white I have no problem being able to see what is going on.
BIOXO is Fantastic! I was worried that it would be a paid to set up but I literally had the camera up and running in 10-15 minutes and that includes the time it took for me to read the Quick Start instructions and down load the app.
Petzi is very good.The treats distribute well, the quality of the camera is surprising, our companion can hear us, if necessary. I’d love to have us draw recorded the views. Sometimes we can witness funny situations!