Keeping our dogs happy and entertained is an important part of being a pet parent. Finding the best dog toys to keep your pup happy and safe is a crucial task.
Some toys may work well for fetching but not as well for chewing, so selecting the best toy can be stressful and confusing.
We tasked our testing team to test and review the top ten dog toys on the market.
KONG Wobbler Treat Dispensing
Best Dog Toy in Our Rating
- Two sizes to choose from for big and small pets
- Lightweight item for comfortable maneuvering
- Easy to fill and empty filling
- Safe materials, do not harm pets
Selecting the Best Dog Toys in May, 2023
KONG Wobbler Interactive
7.5 x 5.1 x 5.1 inches
|Nylabone Big Chew|
7.6 x 3 x 3 inches
SmartPetLove Snuggle Puppy
12 x 6 x 3 inches
|Wobble Wag Giggle Ball|
5.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches
|West Paw Design Zogoflex|
9.5 x 9.5 x 1.8 inches
|Cozies Dog Squeaky Toy|
9 x 3.5 x 8 inches
|Interactive Food Dispensing|
4.4 x 4 x 4 inches
|Haute Diggity Dog|
4.4 x 2.4 x 1.9 inches
Haute Diggity Dog
|Real Flavor Wishbone|
7 x 1.5 x 4.8 inches
|Dental Chew Petit|
7.9 x 4.2 x 1.2 inches
1. KONG Wobbler Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Toy : Best for Obsessive Chewers That Also Love Snacks
The KONG Wobbler Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Toy is a wonderful toy that can entertain your pet for hours. The KONG Dog Toy is crafted from a heavy-duty rubber that is resistant to being damaged or destroyed.
Our testing team members were thrilled to find an option that stands up to the most obsessive of chewers.
The KONG Wobbler Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Toy can be opened easily with a twist off top. Treats can be added before reapplying the lid.
- Made from ultra-strong rubber
- Dishwasher safe
- Dispenses treats
- The KONG Dog Toy will need to be cleaned and maintained periodically to keep it nice and fresh for Fido
2. Nylabone Big Chew : Best for Use After Surgery or to Keep Wounds Clean
The Nylabone Big Chew keeps even the most aggressive of canine chewers happily entertained for hours. Unlike other chew toys that quickly fall apart, the Nylabone lasts thanks to its tough and durable composition.
Our testing team was stunned at how much longer lasting the bones are when compared to generic versions.
The Nylabone Big Chew is available in several sizes and shapes. It is also offered in chicken, bison, or flavor frenzy taste profiles, so your pup is sure to love one.
- Long lasting chew toy
- Several sizes and shapes offered
- Bison, flavor frenzy, or chicken
- Excellent price point
- Not as well suited for senior pets that have tooth decay or gum disease
3. Smart Pet Love Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy : Best Dog Toy for New Puppies
The Smart Pet Love Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy is a breath of fresh air for owners of puppies. Puppies can have a rough time adjusting to their new home since it is likely the first time they have been away from their mom or littermates.
The Smart Pet Love Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy works to reduce the unwanted behaviors associated with anxiety such as whining or barking.
The Smart Pet Love Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy mimics the heartbeat of a fellow dog right down to the pulsations and heat.
- Machine washable
- Perfect for new puppies
- Heartbeat and warmth comfort dogs
- Moderate price point
- Meant for younger or very anxious dogs so not all pets will like it
4. Allstar Innovations Wobble Wag Giggle Dog Toy : Best for Very Active Pups
The Allstar Innovations Wobble Wag Giggle Dog Toy is the perfect toy for active pets that love to play. As much as we would love to stay home with our pets all day, we still need to go to work and take care of other responsibilities.
The Wobble Wag Giggle toy entertains and delights your dog when you aren’t around, so you’ll know they are still happy.
The Allstar Innovations Wobble Wag Giggle Dog Toy makes noises that will keep even the crankiest pets happy.
- Noisemaking ball
- Easy to carry and play with
- Makes fun giggling sounds
- Great way to entice pups to play
- The sounds that are emitted from the ball may annoy some pet parents
5. West Paw Design Zogoflex Bumi Tough Tug-O-War Toy : Best for Tug-O-War Champions
The West Paw Design Zogoflex Bumi Tough Tug-O-War Toy will make your tugger the happiest pup on the block. The toy is water-ready so that it can be used at the beach, the pool, or the lake. It also stretches out to two times its normal size, making it perfect for tugging games.
The West Paw Design Zogoflex Bumi Tough Tug-O-War Toy earned high marks from our testing team members thanks to its genius design.
Many tugging toys break easily or the plastic cracks, making it unsafe for your fuzzy friend to chew on or play with.
- Perfect for dogs that love to tug
- Ready for play in the water or on dry land
- Stretches to two times its normal size
- FDA compliant materials
- We absolutely love this option, and we think you and your pets will as well
6. KONG Cozies Dog Squeaky Toy : Most Versatile Dog Toy
The KONG Cozies Dog Squeaky Toy is a wonderful choice for pets that love to play fetch and cuddle their toys as well. This awesome option from KONG is available in ten different options.
From a monkey to an elephant, your favorite canine is guaranteed to find a new friend to fetch.
The KONG Cozies Dog Squeaky Toy was a hit among our testing team member’s pooches.
- Ten cute and cozy animal options
- Several sizes to accommodate any breed
- Great for fetching
- Minimal stuffing
- This option is not as well suited to heavy chewing
7. OurPets IQ Treat Ball Interactive Food Dispensing Dog Toy : Best Dog Toy for Curious and Brilliant Pets
The OurPets IQ Treat Ball Interactive Food Dispensing Dog Toy keeps intelligent pets entertained and happy. The toy can be filled with your dog’s favorite treats.
The treats will fall out of the ball as your pup lays with and rolls the ball around on the floor.
The OurPets IQ Treat Ball Interactive Food Dispensing Dog Toy twists apart so that you can add in treats or for fast cleaning.
- Terrific pricing point• Dispenses treats
- Adjustable feeding difficulty levels
- Easy to fill and clean
- You need to keep an eye on your pet while they use this toy if they have smaller jaws that could accidentally become lodged in the treat dispensing area
8. Haute Diggity Dog Muttini Bar Collection : Perfect for Fancy Pets with Discerning Tastes
The Haute Diggity Dog Muttini Bar Collection turns every hour into a happy hour. The super cute toys resemble popular drinks with dog-centric names including La Croix (Lick Croix), Dom Perignon (Dog Perignon), and Corona Beer (Grrrona).
Each name has been changed to a pet-friendly and hilarious version.
The Haute Diggity Dog Muttini Bar Collection will not only entertain your fuzzy friend, but the toys will also delight you and your family with their cute and pun-filled names.
- Toys resemble bottles and cans of popular drinks such as La Croix and Fireball (Lick Croix and Furball)
- Perfect for puppies
- Great conversation starter for when you have guests over
- Excellent price point
- Our testing team members loved the Muttini Bar Collection with no downsides to mention
9. Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy : Best All Around Chew Toy for Pets
The Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy relies on canine anatomy to provide a chew toy that is easier to hold since dogs lack thumbs. The toy has a wishbone design that lets your pet hold the toy easily with their paws.
Our testing team members were ecstatic to find an option that is easy to hold and that our pets love the taste of.
The Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy is offered in three flavors: Real bacon, real chicken, or real peanut.
- Made with real flavors
- Wishbone shape is much easier for pets to hold• Dogs love the taste of the toy
- Versatile, long-lasting, and well-made
- The toy will need to be taken away and replaced when it begins to break down as it is not meant to be consumed, just chewed on
10. Nylabone Dental Chew Petit : Best for Teething Puppies or Dog’s that Need Cleaner Teeth
The Nylabone Dental Chew Petit is a wonderful choice for teething puppies or any dog that loves to chew on things. This option is bone shaped and is easy for pets to hold.
Our testing team was happy to find something puppies like to chew on almost as much as shoes and other items they should not be chewing on.
- Cleans teeth as it entertains pups
- Great for freshening breath• Easy to hold
- Bacon flavor
- Some dogs do not like the way the dental nubs feel and will not use it
Best Dog Toys – Buyer’s Guide
Keeping your dog happy and healthy is an important part of being a pet owner. Finding the best dog toy for your faithful friend can seem overwhelming. There are hundreds of thousands of dog toy options currently on the market, with new options being added daily.
Choosing a dog toy doesn’t have to be a nightmare. While researching and reviewing the top ten dog toys, we gained a lot of helpful knowledge. We want to pass that information on to you, our loyal readers. Let’s get started!
What are the Benefits of Dog Toys?
There are many benefits that come along with playing with toys. Let’s take a closer look at why toys are so important.
Playing allows your pet to move around and get some exercise. Exercise is crucial for both pets and their parents. Physical movement helps to promote a healthy weight, amuses your pup, and help to ward off serious illnesses such as diabetes.
Animals love to play. Playing with your dog provides mental stimulation, which can help to prevent them from destructive behavior. When pets aren’t mentally stimulated, they can get bored and resort to chewing up shoes or other unsavory acts.
Protecting the dental health of your pet is another key consideration. Toys that also clean teeth are amazingly helpful in removing tartar and plaque. This option is easier and much less expensive than taking your dog into the vet for a professional cleaning.
Save Money on Household Expenses
Bored dogs love to get into trouble. From destroying your favorite pair of sneakers to shredding the curtains, our testing team has a plethora of tales involving bored dogs tearing the house apart.
The purchase and use of dedicated toys for your dog can eliminate their desire to chew on things that should be left alone. It is much less expensive to buy a few toys instead of replacing expensive items like a chewed-up sofa (yes, that really happened).
Tips for Selecting the Best Dog Toy for Your Pampered Pooch
Let’s examine some tips and tricks to finding your pet’s new favorite toy.
- Observe your dog’s behavior and preferences. You already know what kind of disposition your caring canine has. Take a closer look at what they enjoy chewing on, flavors they seem to be especially fond of, and what games they enjoy. Some pets love to play tug-o-war while some are quiet chewers. Understanding how they like to play will make picking a toy much more straightforward.
- Carefully examine the toy. It’s always helpful to look closely at any toy or treat that you plan on giving your pet. There could be a tiny piece about to break off or other issues that could harm your pup. Nylabones, for example, are meant to be chewed on but not eaten. If it starts to fall apart, it should be replaced with a new one.
- Variety is the spice of life. Don’t pick just one toy. Give your pet a few toys to choose from. Just like us, they enjoy a new toy and can grow bored with the same one day after day. Keeping them playing with a revolving variety of toys will stop boredom (and destructive chewing) in its tracks.
How Many Toys Does My Dog Actually Need?
Purchasing a variety of toys can help to keep your dog happy and occupied. We suggest selecting four or five toys for your pet. You can play with them on a revolving schedule or simply keep them in a toy box and allow your dog to pick which to use.
Just like us, dogs can get tired of repetition and will be excited to have a few toys to choose from rather than just one. It is also helpful in case a toy breaks as you’ll have backup toys to appease your furry friend.
Safety Tips for Dog Toys
Keeping your dog safe and healthy is your top concern. Here are some helpful tips to ensure your doggy stays in good health and mood.
- Select toys that are an appropriate size for your pet. Toys that are too small or too big could spell disaster.
- Steer clear of toys with small parts as they can be choking hazards.
- Avoid toys with sharp edges that could cut or harm your pooch.
- Resist the urge to play fetch with very heavy toys. This action could hurt or injure your pet.
- If your pup loves to rip stuffing out of stuffed toys, you should check to make sure they are not eating the filling.
- Keep an eye on your pet as they play so that you can quickly help them if they get hurt.
- Closely read the list of ingredients to ensure that all of them are pet-safe and non-toxic.
- Avoid toys that have been filled with beads or beans.
- Don’t let your furry friend chew on children’s stuffed animals. They are not meant for pets and could have harmful components.
- If you have a dog with neck problems or back issues such as a herniated disc, skip playing with tugging toys as it could aggravate their condition.
- Rawhide toys can be very dangerous to your pet’s health and well-being. They can cause intestinal blockages or choke your pup so we recommend skipping them.
Finding your pup’s new favorite toy can seem like a daunting task. There are thousands of dog toys currently enlarging an already oversaturated market. Understanding your pooch’s likes and dislikes while keeping their size in mind will be beneficial in finding the best dog toy.
We hope you enjoyed reading our reviews of the top ten dog toys and that our buyer’s guide was informative. Hearing from our readers always brightens up our day! Drop us a quick comment below with your favorite dog toys and any tips for keeping your pet entertained. Happy shopping!
My dog loves playing with Allstar Innovations Wobble Wag Giggle. And for me, it’s a good option as there’s no noise while he’s playing with it. So, it’s a good compromise.
Smart Pet Love Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy is machine wash, and this is important for me as I have problems with hands and can’t wash the toy myself.
I stopped buying dog toys and now I make them myself. They look better, they are made from more safe materials and bring more happiness to me and my dog. So, I recommend everyone to stop buying toys on the internet and create them yourselves. There is much love in such toys.
For me, the most important thing about a dog toy is material. It should be natural and durable. So, I hope you have such options in this article.
My friend brought Wobble Wag Giggle Ball once and since that time it’s my god’s favorite toy. I don’t know why it’s just great for him.
The first toy is very interesting. May take your pet for a couple of hours. And you have time to calmly do household chores.
The KONG Wobbler Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Toy is the undisputed leader among these toys, I think, and the delicacy inside it adds more excitement to a furry friend. It’s really a pleasure to watch how fun he drives this thing around the house
What a charm this Wobble Wag Giggle ball! It’s just impossible to take it from my puppy! Sometimes I doubt what he likes more: eat goodies or play with this ball))
The KONG is something fantastic! We bought the ‘small’ size – which is still pretty big. Perfect size for our fairly large Springer-cross (the size of a small Labrador) and Cockerpoo.
KONG probably one of the best toy/treat purchases we’ve ever made for our dogs – and pretty much indestructible.
What a great toy. I have a playful male rottweiler who isn’t a toy destroyer as such, but having the powerful jaw he does its inevitable that standard toys and balls just don’t last, so in the past, I have always stuck to Kong toys and never had any problem. But West Paw Design Zogoflex is something absolutely new! Great thing!
Cozies Dog Squeaky Toy was brought for a 2 year old Jack Russell to play with. When I buy any dog toy I buy it with the knowledge my dog will try to destroy it. But it”s still alive!
I have 2 medium size dogs (border collies – 26in at withers). Will Our Pets ball be large enough for them not to try and swallow it as ones a gannet?
It is same size as a tennis ball, & I have a border collie as well, but buy “chuck it” balls for them to chase (bright orange, so easy to spot & not loose)
We are in lockdown at the moment so having something to keep my dogs from being bored is really important and I’m honestly relieved and happy they love Benebone so much! One of them tried to take it on a walk with us earlier, so they clearly really like it.
This is the 2nd one of Benebones that I’ve bought – the last was December & is still in good chewable condition …. two of my dogs absolutely love these and, because of its design, are able to share the bone – these are Sheepdogs too, not a tiny breed – if they both decide that they need to do a spot of chewing before sleep.
I bought the regular/medium Benebone for my Border Terrier who basically destroys every toy in about 5mins! She’s had this one for about 4 days and hasn’t left it alone! Betty loves it! So I’m presuming it tastes good