They say a healthy pet usually makes a happy pet. This is not just a cliché but a true saying. With activity and location tracking device you can ensure your pets are safe and healthy without having to worry over them so much. It tells you where your pet is at every point.
This article focuses on Findster Duo Plus, a device that allows pet owners to keep track of their furry friends without having to pay a subscription fee.
All that is required is the purchase of the product and the rest is taken care of. Let’s delve deeper and discover more, shall we?
Findster Duo Plus is ideal for those who hope to keep an eye on their pets at every point. There is no subscription fee to contend with, it also features an app that makes it easy to monitor your pet. Although it’s quite expensive we like that it offers users lots of options and features some of which include:
Findster Care Membership
You can subscribe to Findster Care Membership. Here you are provided with a team of professional and well-experienced veterinary doctors who are on hand to keep watchful eyes on your pets, this they do through the Findster Duo monitoring. It enables them to critically analyze your pet’s behavior over a certain period, from which they can identify any change in the physical appearance or behavioral pattern of your pet.
Timely Detection of Illnesses
The product isn’t just an activity tracking and monitoring device but one that enables you to detect any health problems your pet may be facing. Through constant monitoring and analysis of your pet’s behavior and your local context, the device can detect any deviation from your pet’s normal behavior and will notify you immediately. The veterinary doctors are the ones to do this. For instance, you will be notified if it’s mosquito season, the symptoms to watch out for and the precautionary measures to take to prevent malaria.
Findster does not use cellular service. Rather it makes use of cellular towers to locate your pet thereby ensuring real-time tracking of your pet.
- It features two modules, one is meant for your pet and the other is meant for you. With the use of MAZE technology, you can communicate wirelessly within a radius of 3 miles (4.8km).
- The device also enables you to monitor your pet using its application (Findster App). To use the app effectively, create safe areas around your pet’s location on the map during your walks and once your pet leaves that safe zone, you will be notified immediately. However, you will need to be close enough, else it won’t be able to update and send you timely notifications.
The device can be used anywhere. Therefore, whether you are walking the ground or running through no man’s land, you are sure of your pet’s protection, health, and safety. We like that it can be used without the need for cellular network. So, even if you are in a no-service zone, it can still send you updates and notifications.
With the Findster Duo, you can monitor more than one pet at a time all without any subscription fee or extra charge. However, note that the Duo plus can only function during walks and is ineffective for indoor activity tracking or remote monitoring.
Features & Details
The following are the features of Findster Duo Plus:
Absolutely everything you will need to set up the module is found in a pack of Findster Duo Plus. Each box of the module comes with the following:
- Guardian Module
- USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Pet Module
- Rubber Belt
Tech & Specs
The product has the following specifications:
- Can track pets up to three miles in an open space
- Can track pets up to 0.5 miles in urban areas
- It is waterproof and can be immersed up to three feet in the water
- Works well with iOS 9 or higher
- Functions perfectly with Android 5.0 or higher
Weight & Dimension
- The product weighs only about 0.8 oz. (21 grams)
- It is suitable for pets that weigh above 8 lbs. (approximately 3.5kg).
- It has a dimension of 0.5-inch x 2-inches x 2-inches.
Ease of Installation
It is easy to install. All you need is the following:
- Findster App
- Findster Duo Plus equipment
- USB outlet adapter
We noticed that the battery life does not live up to expectations, but this is a minor setback. If you need more battery life, you can simply purchase a two-pack for less than $50. In that way, you always have a backup tracker ready at every point.
How to Set Up Findster Duo Plus
To aid the smooth setup of Findster Duo Plus, take the following steps:
- Ensure the modules are charged as they won’t work with your phone if they are not fully charged.
- Create a Findster account in the app. Thereafter, make sure you validate the account. Follow the instructions sent to your inbox to complete the process
- To track your pet’s activity level, you will need to complete the pet profile section. Information such as pet’s weight, gender and your best friend’s birthday will need to be provided
- Once you are done filling all necessary steps and completing the registration process, then take the next step. Here, use the rubber belt to attach the Findster Duo Plus module to your pet’s collar, and then go outside so that the device can get your GPS coordinates.
- Real-Time GPS Tracking
- No monthly subscription fees required
- Does not require cell coverage
- Availability of 24/7 personalized actionable insight
- Cannot be used indoor or remote monitoring
- It has a shorter range than is advertised
I already checked this thing in business! I have a husky. Husky owners probably understand that these dogs are very fond of freedom and often run away if they have been locked in a house or apartment for too long. They return, but the landlord is worried that nothing will happen to them. So I bought this thing for my dog. And I do not regret anything!
It was not a problem to install the software, and this tool worked both in Spain and in France. I’m not sure how waterproof the collar would be, but for me the main function was shelves, and this collar worked fine.
Unexpectedly good product. Works better than children’s watches with GPS
Cool, very useful thing. Although not for all dogs
When I ordered my tracker, it says it comes with a free month trial of their Vet subscription. When I created my app account to use the tracker, I didn’t enter in my card or order information, and I didn’t show any interest/use their vet messaging service. A month later I got a charge of $4.03. I was baffled and reached out to customer support immediately. They have not explained how they connected my card information to my app account and they have refused to refund me my money. Looking through their community comments on their Facebook page and other review sites, it’s become apparent that I’m not the only one who has been through this. As $4.03 is such a small amount- many other people may be subscribed without realising it.
To anyone who has purchased: definitely check your bank statements!
It’s such a shame because I really wanted to use a “No Monthly Fees” device that was effective while hiking. I did hours and hours of research and this was the best fit for that need. But now I just can’t trust the technology if the company itself isn’t dedicated to supporting its customers.
Aryeh Meir says
Findster Duo is a shoddily made product that will break after a few uses.
DO NOT BUY FINDSTER DUO.
If I could give Findster a ‘zero’ review I would.
Findster may indeed be waterproof but it is NOT dirt proof or sand proof! And what dog is immune from either?
I bought Findster when it first came out and made the mistake of not using it for a couple of years after purchase. When I finally started using the tracker regularly, it was well past the product guarantee period.
After some dozen uses, two of three tracking units broke. One was totally inert and the other would charge indefinitely and then the battery would discharge after an hour or so of use.
The company said that since the product guarantee period had passed, that it would not replace the defective units. This was despite the units being barely used.
Findster also tracks your usage details via the app, so if you don’t want anyone tracking what you do with your leisure time, do not buy Findster.
So, in short, do not waste your money buying this badly made tracker. There are better products out there.